Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Like tears in the rain...

In my charcoal silk suit, with a red satin scarf
I knelt in the mud, in a river of blood
In homage to my Lord.
Rain falls heavy in the dark night
Each great drop like the crack of a gun
Wild things cry around me
A cold wind enters me
I sense myself balanced on a razors edge
In a torrent, rain pours over me
It cascades down across shoulders, arms, then hands
Dripping from my fingertips
Washing away my indiscretions
My many thoughtless and selfish sins
Thru the dark night I await the rising of the Sun
I look for the light to fill me with virtue
I long to be refreshed
Rising from the mud I stand tall
A red star is dying in the dark sky above me
We are brothers together before our Lord
Like tears in the rain... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment